With Damien and Julie Lovegrove
What is it? Renowned 1 day wedding photography course ideal for all photographers.
Price: £370 +VAT (£444)
Monday 23rd September 2013
25 Mar 2013 - SOLD OUT
29 Oct 2012 - SOLD OUT
8 (2 groups of 4)
Models: 2 professional models as 1 'wedding couple'
Tutors: Damien & Julie Lovegrove
NEW Location: Old Down Manor, Foxholes Lane, Tockington, Bristol, BS32 4PG
The Bowl Inn, 16 Church Road, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4DT
Model dress code:
You may also be interested in…
3-day weddings workshop
The Business of Weddings
Wedding Photography Training
Learn how to plan and shoot a wedding, including the preparations at the start of the day and getting to grips with speedlights. Learn the tips and tricks of making wonderful pictures at every stage of a wedding. You will learn new technical shooting skills and receive hands-on instruction about finding and controlling low ambient light and mixing it with off camera flash. You will also be given invaluable insight into how to pose individuals and couples.
Improve your wedding photography
• Learn how to shoot with natural light, flash & continuous lighting.
• Learn how to shoot in low light conditions.
• Receive hands-on instruction as to the best camera settings to use for different situations.
• You'll shoot: getting ready shots, detail shots, classic portraits, couples shots indoor and out, beauty shots, etc.
• Full of handy tips, tricks and advice including a Q&A session.
• The day ends with a slideshow presentation showing the shots taken by Damien and Julie throughout the day.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed to give wedding photographers the confidence and skills to take beautiful images that the client will love. Simple, repeatable techniques are taught to provide you with all the necessary skills to take your wedding photography further.
What you will have at the end of the day to take away
1. Whatever the weather we will be producing portfolio images that you can use right away, on your website, in brochures or on your studio walls. Our models will always be patient with us to ensure you get the best images possible.
2. You will have a new repertoire of images you can shoot and, above all, access to professional image making skills that have a high repeatable value. You will have the edge over your competition and you will hopefully leave the day feeling excited about wedding photography.
Please ensure you are familiar with your camera and flash, and know how to change settings quickly.
09.00 - Coffee on arrival
09.15 - Workshop starts
17:30 - Workshop ends
Recommended kit list:
1. A DSLR camera.
2. Two or three professional lenses ideally covering 20mm to 200mm.
3. One TTL flash gun with a Sto-Fen or similar diffuser, preferably with a means of using it off camera.
4. A monopod with a ball and socket head (not a monopod head), a fast lens, or a camera capable of very high ISO. We highly recommend the Gitzo Carbon Monopod with Manfrotto Ball Head.
5. Wet weather clothing (although we hope it won't be necessary!).
Damien and Julie always use a monopod at weddings. If you don't have one it will be worthwhile borrowing or buying one before the workshop as you may well find it frustrating to have movement on your images shot in low light. Do ensure you have a quick release plate on the bottom of your camera to fix it to the monopod. Our advice is, 'if in doubt - bring it', as it would be frustrating to be without something.
The manor itself can be tricky to find as depending which direction you come from, you can come across a set of locked gates on Foxholes lane and then don't know where to go. Find the entrance to Old Down Country Park (also on Foxholes Lane) and follow the driveway. Park in the car park on the left, and continue walking up the drive until you see the cafe on your left (old stone buildings). The manor is then opposite on your right. It's a new looking building - not how you expect a manor to look!
Lloyd said: A fantastic day, great location, learnt a lot. You won’t be disappointed. The techniques showed are simple, easy to remember and very effective.
Rosie said: A great day….can’t believe a week’s gone by already! Love your courses and always leave wanting to learn more! Probably need a term, rather than a day!
Pete said: Thanks for another great days tuition by Julie and yourself, your skills of teaching match those of your work and the enthusiasm from both of you is infectious.
Jennie said: Just a quick message to say how fantastic this wedding workshop was on Monday, I really loved it and have learnt so much from spending the day with you and Julie… you’re both very inspirational!
Carole said: Thanks for a fantastic day! I learned so much from beginning to end from both of you. My brain is fit to burst with all the info and you taught in such a way that it was easy to remember.
I used to dread using flash indoors at weddings, my pictures were dull and lifeless and now they look so bright and crisp!! You had taught me how to do that within the first 15 minutes! I used to dread shooting at low shutter speeds but thanks to Julie wont worry about that any more. There are loads of techniques I need to go off and practice now, I never knew a monopod could be so useful haha!
Booking your place
To secure your place on this workshop, scroll to the bottom of the page and add it to your basket.
As our costs for each workshop remain the same no matter how many delegates attend, please note that just like any pre-booked tickets for the theatre, concert, flights etc, we are unable to give any refund in the event of non-attendance, regardless of the circumstances. The exception to this is if we have prior notice and are able to put a cancellation place back online AND your place is resold. In this event we will of course make a full refund or credit to you. We also reserve the right to cancel any workshop if there is insufficient demand, especially if it means that our costs would be higher than our income. Please therefore do not leave it until the last few weeks if you are interested in a particular date, as you may find that it has been removed! Please note that we cannot be liable for any other costs incurred by yourself, so please check with us before booking any non-refundable accommodation or transport.
All photography ©Copyright Damien Lovegrove. All rights reserved.